Port Townsend Police Log | Gotta catch 'em all

Leader News Staff
Posted 4/10/23

The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 172 calls between Friday, March 24, and Thursday, March 30. Below are selected reports.

At 2:35 a.m. Friday, March 24, an unwanted person …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Port Townsend Police Log | Gotta catch 'em all


The Port Townsend Police Department received a total of 172 calls between Friday,
March 24, and Thursday,
March 30. Below are selected reports.

At 2:35 a.m. Friday, March 24,
an unwanted person was reported in the 1900 block of Sherman Street after a caller told police they heard yelling and cursing across the street. One neighbor was yelling at another resident, telling them to come across the street and fight him. The aggressor was told to leave multiple times by the resident’s family, but refused. After the resident called the police, the neighbor eventually left. When officers questioned the aggressive neighbor, he didn’t deny what happened, but said he never asked to fight anybody. He told the officers he believes the neighbor asked their friend to rev their motorcycle engine on purpose to irritate him. The neighbor wasn’t interested in pressing charges, and the officers left.

At 12:15 p.m. Friday, March 24,
suspicious activity was reported in the 3500 block of Haines Street, with a caller telling law enforcement she believes someone might be tracking her down in her car using an Apple AirTag. The woman received a phone alert telling her an AirTag was in her vicinity. Officers contacted the woman and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. The officers advised the woman to call back if she got another AirTag alert.

At 8:25 a.m. Saturday,
March 25,
an ex-boyfriend in the 1500 block of 19th Street stole his former partner’s apartment key and entered the premises without permission. After he entered, the woman barricaded herself away from him. She said he was threatening her and said if she doesn’t let him in, he’ll “make her life hard.” She said he was likely using drugs that day and is currently homeless. Officers arrived at the scene, but the man had already left the area.

At 7:15 p.m. Saturday,
March 25,
an assault in progress was reported at Kah Tai Lagoon. A caller said they heard “bloody murder” screaming at the park, and it sounded like a female voice. An officer arrived and detained a man and woman who’d been rolling on the ground and yelling at each other. No assault was witnessed and neither suspect had any signs of physical injury. The man was uncooperative with law enforcement, but the officer was unable to determine who the primary aggressor was, and no arrests were made. The officer utilized local resources to assist the woman with finding a hotel room for the night.

At 8 p.m. Saturday, March 25, at Kah Tai Lagoon, suspicious activity was reported after a woman was seen parked at the lagoon after dark. An officer contacted the woman in her car, and she said she was there trying to catch Pokémon. The officer left.

At 11:25 a.m. Sunday,
March 26,
in the 2600 block of Washington Street, suspicious activity was reported at the nearby marina. The reporting party told law enforcement they saw two cars driving around the marina, people going into the bathroom, and coming back around. The reporting party thought the suspects could be dealing drugs. Officers searched the area, but didn’t locate the cars or suspects. Extra patrols were conducted at the marina.

At 2:30 p.m. Sunday,
March 26,
a woman was arrested for driving under the influence near the 49th and Jackman streets intersection. A woman with two kids in the car was reported after a collision, and officers conducted a traffic stop. The woman was arrested for driving under the influence after officers determined she was impaired.

At 6 p.m. Sunday, March 26, a man in the 400 block of 12th Street was reported for causing a disturbance. The man was allegedly tipping trash cans and throwing items around while arguing with a woman at the scene. The reporting party said the man might have mental health issues, and officers arrived in the area. No disturbances were seen, and the man was located nearby. He told the officers a drunk woman approached him and started harassing him, and he lost his cool. There were no signs of property damage and the man was calm and cooperative while speaking to law enforcement. No crime was committed and the officers left.